NRL Auckland Nines - Probably Known as The Greatest Weekend in 2015!
TheÂ NRL Auckland NinesÂ is a rugby league competition held this weekend. This competition started just last year ; more specifically on the 15th and 16th February 2014. Last years NRL9’s Event was the first of the five which is going to be held at Eden Park.This is New Zealand’s Biggest Rugby Stadium.
In this Tournament 16 NRL Clubs compete. Each squad has at least 12 of their top players from their squad and one marquee player. The winner of the tournaments receive a hefty amount as a prize. Usually around NZD$530,000.
In this years 2015 Dick Smith’s NRL Auckland Nines, it is again held at Eden Park. Which is a stone throw away from our beloved Eden Park Bed and Breakfast. And this year ,as last year, all sixteen NRL Clubs will compete along with the KIWI FERNS and the Jillaroos, who competed in a three game series. The Final Pool names for this year are: Rangitoto, Waiheke, Piha, and Hunua .
These were chosen and voted by by the general public.
Rules for NRL Auckland Nines
The NRL Auckland Nines have a few rule variations which ensure the games are a lot faster and smoother with less delays and stoppages.
The Difference between the Regular NRL Games are the following:
- There are Nine players a side with six unlimited interchange players.
- Scrums will only form after a double knock on, with attacking teams to elect which side to feed the ball.
- No video referee, with one on-field referee.
- There is a five minute golden try period in qualifying rounds with a draw to be deemed if there is no result, while unlimited golden try for the finals.
- A tap restart will take place after a 40/20.
- Five points for a try scored in the bonus zone under the posts, with two point drop kick conversion attempts.
- The scoring team will have a dropkick off to restart play.
- There Are five minute sin bins.
- There are five tackles in a set
If you decide to attend the NRL Auckland Nines, then please head out to our event created online to assist you to finding tickets for the competition.
More info here >> NRL Auckland Nines Event
Usually our neighborhood in Mt. Eden get’s a lot of fans during this time of year. These fans usually dress up in costumes , get in groups and walk the streets of Mt. Eden heading to and from Eden Park Stadium.Â Â It is Fun to be part of. Great fun all around for Fans of this Rugby League Sporting Event.
Pictures Taken Right Outside our Bed and Breakfast